The purpose of this module is to know: what is picking, what are the procedures involved in picking, what is a pick list, what are the safety precautions related to picking and what are the qualities of a good picker.
What you will learn
Skills you will gain
- Ability to escalate safety issues to supervisors in a timely manner
- Awareness of health and safety regulations and procedures in case of fire, chemical hazards, biohazards, etc.
- Plan daily work schedule based on inputs from supervisor and connected activities
- Ability to understand read labels and barcodes and deal with missing/incorrect information
- Knowledge of material handling equipment (MHE) needed
- Organizational procedure for handling different types of goods
- Ability to identify the right PPE to be used
- Know the procedure to deal with missing, excess items.
- Ability to escalate issues to superiors in a timely manner
- Understanding of the documentation needed as per company guidelines and identifying discrepancies or missing details
- Know the procedure to deal with damaged items
- Ability to identify damages/damaged goods